[SOLVED] Lack of UAC support is dissapointing

For all your technical questions and concerns.

Re: [SOLVED] Lack of UAC support is dissapointing

Postby Migue » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:56 pm

Now it works fine. My installed language is English US but I do have additional keyboard layouts.

Now more feedback time.

Firs, UAC support, great that it now elevates when extracting to protected folders. Not so great that it seems to ask for UAC for all situations, even when extracting to local Documents folders for example. Also when I downloaded a zip file on Internet Explorer and chose to Open and not Save, then I chose copy from right-click menu on an item inside the archive and then pasted to a protected location, there was no UAC prompt and got an "access denied" error. I figure this may be related due to the IE temp location that is more heavily protected/sandboxed.

Minor issue/nitpick: the newly added checkboxes(thanks again) seem to be only available for Tiles view.

More desired features:
1. If/when adding checkbox support for Details view, add the checkbox to left of the "name" column that functions as a 'select all' toggle like Explorer.
2. Allow reverse sorting/arranging (sort Z to A in name for example, after clicking on Name column, and also in right-click menu add sort ascending/descending in arrange by menu)
3. This is more of a question, which I'm positive the answer is No but here goes, on Windows 8+, can the task pane be converted to a ribbon interface?

Thanks for listening to feedback.
Migue

Postby admin » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Glad to hear its much better now.

UAC is not enabled for current user's folders only. So actually you should not be receiving extraction requests for the Desktop, Documents, etc. For all other locations, the most time/performance effective solution was to prompt, even if some may be frivolous.

Correct on the checkboxes being available only with Tiles for now. Hopefully they'll be available for more view styles in the future.

Also thanks on the other feature suggestions. Some of them are really good :) All added to the wish-list.
ZIPmagic
The Next Generation Data Compression Platform
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:47 am

I have posted another updated build, version 12.4. This version, while focusing mainly on DoubleSpace, does fix an UAC bug that crept in recently - it was not possible to change Outlook Add-In settings when running with UAC turned on. This has also now been fixed.
ZIPmagic
The Next Generation Data Compression Platform
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support