Greetings

For all your technical questions and concerns.

Greetings

Postby Jonny5isalivetm » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:47 pm

Hi there

I like the sound of your proggie as wimboot is a bit lets say "technical".. Also I did not really gain the space I was after or expecting.

With your Utility would it be possible to compress 1 partition, example..when installing windows I like 1 partition style layout, keeps the ssd clean (looking) in disk management and simpler if I want to restore a recovery image. What I mean is no windows system reserved separate partition.

Does your program require separate partitions in order to function or may I run the wimboot from 1 partition only ? This is the way I ran the "standard" wimboot and it functioned correctly, just not with the desired decrease in space that I was hoping for.

How much are we talking for 2 x licences as I could perhaps get 1 for my dad too :-)

Jonny
Jonny5isalivetm

Re: Greetings

Postby admin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:27 am

You can run it from only one partition with no issues.

It currently does not auto-detect recovery images in reserved partitions so that might be an issue though. If you can run the following command for me:

Code: Select all
reagentc /info

I can adapt the tool to check in that location as well, so you can enjoy a single partition layout as you desire.

For 3 licenses you get a nice discount so each is $22 instead of $29. :D

You will love the MaxSpace compression, now with the brand new compression boost setting in version 12.4, which will meet your saved space expectations for the first time:

http://www.zipmagic.co/purchase.asp
ZIPmagic
The Next Generation Data Compression Platform
admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonny5isalivetm » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:54 am

winre status is disabled prolly because I wiped it to save space :D
Jonny5isalivetm

Postby Jonny5isalivetm » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:11 am

Attached is my current "C:\" drive layout and WinRE info.

I miss the XP days were the OS was not 10gb of bloat! I have deleted all the microcrap apps around 1gb shaved! So right now with all updates installed I am sitting at 9.5gb used (no pagefile)
Attachments
8.1.1.jpg
8.1.1.jpg (192.61 KiB) Viewed 4348 times
Jonny5isalivetm

Postby admin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:46 pm

Let me check this some more and I will get back to you.
ZIPmagic
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:13 pm

I have enhanced the detection code. Please download the latest ZIPmagic version 12.5 from the public website and try again. I believe your issue is now resolved. Thanks for reporting it!
ZIPmagic
admin
Site Admin

Return to Support