[Solved] BUG: Unable to Unassociate ZIPmagic with File Types

For all your technical questions and concerns.

Re: BUG: Unable to Unassociate ZIPmagic with File Types

Postby admin » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am

Did you try with ZIPmagic Studio? On my system the issue no longer reproduces after I fixed it with ZIPmagic Studio as described. More may be going on behind the scenes with the ZIPmagic Studio approach, or something else might be the matter. It might be best to schedule a TeamViewer session so I can connect and check your registry live - trying to develop a fix. Thanks so much in advance :)
ZIPmagic
The Next Generation Data Compression Platform
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Actually, I don't know how I failed to reproduce this the first time - but now, I have exactly replicated your results (yet again), even inside the ZIPmagic Studio app.

I have also fixed the issue :) Thanks so much for reporting it! I am still testing and optimizing some other aspects of the stand-alone apps (ZIPmagic Studio and ZIPmagic Express) so this build is not the main live build yet; but you can immediately download and try it at:

www.zipmagic.co/zipmagic1275.msi - MSI installer
www.zipmagic.co/zipmagic1275.exe - EXE installer

By all indications this latest build is currently at release candidate quality, so I wouldn't be surprised if I bring this one up live on the main download site soon.

Thanks again for reporting and helping reproduce this embarrassing high-level bug! Thanks to your diligence with the videos and testing, the issue is now fixed for all ZIPmagic users. Waiting for your confirmation :)
ZIPmagic
admin
Site Admin

Postby mec337 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Thanks I will give it a try.. I will get back to you with my results of testing. I also have found some other issues to keep you busy in the evenings and weekend :)
mec337

Postby admin » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:18 am

The version 12.75 is actually live on the main website, it contains a host of other fixes and enhancements. Please download the main version from the website, as it is newer than the numbered builds I previously posted on this thread.

I try not to work late at nights and over weekends, but if your issues are particularly difficult, I just might have to ;) Please feel free to send them over as well at your leisure.

We won't stop until ZIPmagic is the perfect file compressor - in addition to being the only disk compressor for Windows.
ZIPmagic
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support