Non-Multi-Threading?

For all your technical questions and concerns.

Re: Non-Multi-Threading?

Postby admin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Unfortunately, there's still the issue of accurate GUID tracking - especially when certain types of file system notifications may be disabled by the end-user, and when the target of the paste could be anywhere, even a network drive; which would not be trackable at all using conventional tracking means.

The current drag&drop and cop&paste approach works with all kinds of local and removable drives, something that the workaround would have to work very hard to reproduce. This simply does not seem worthwhile to hack through from a time and returns perspective. I wish had better news! But stability and reliable performance seems more important to me, compared to hacks which may fail in some scenarios and work with others.

The solution for you is to use classic Windows File Explorer right-click shell extensions for the extraction. As we already illustrated during our TeamViewer, this is non-blocking; and this approach has additional benefits as well - for example, if you have an SSD, when you select and extract multiple files this way, they all get processed simultaneously - which is a unique benefit of ZIPmagic that you cannot find in any other archiver. Since decompression CPU usage is relatively light, this effectively shortens your wait time on extraction, especially true when you select more and more archives to extract!
ZIPmagic
The Next Generation Data Compression Platform
admin
Site Admin

Re: Non-Multi-Threading?

Postby mekineer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Ok, thanks. I really appreciate well thought out answers!
mekineer

Previous

Return to Support